SOCIAL MEDIA

As time moves on it seems I have become more and more involved with a variety of Social Media, some and I have parted ways over the years and only the most useful have survived, U-Tube, Twitter, Facebook and its components remain.  A part of exploring many outlets for work it would seem is not only lost time but more importantly a dilution of information, of images and input all split between Timelines, notes, Groups Posts and Pages, for a long while it was difficult to manage and all became one big mess of information and posts, the obvious downside for having ones fingers in too many of the proverbial pies but these have to be explored, even this Blog which I have turned to today the time between posts has become longer and the posts shorter.
The waters are now calmed, the wheat and chaff separated and some for of order now exists even then however I find my desktop files are still filled with stuff that there is no online home for an therein no guarentee of protection from online virus' and unintentional deletions, ofcourse one can store stuff away on external drives but, like paintings or jewelry in a vault, of what value is it stored away from the eyes that would enjoy it.
This Blog was never intended to be public instead my own record, while playing with social media however I somehow managed to link all together with updates posted to Facebook and Twitter, having now sorted everything out this blog is the final piece of my 'online puzzle' and I will have to try and integrate without duplication of information or posts, Social Media is only good if you work at it being good every good marketting consultant will drive that into you time and time again but the reality is that it is quite true.
My Social Media Streams are divided so that there is little in the way of double posting as best as can be made possible but it is never guarenteed, for my own record I divide it up as follows.

Facebook, at the top of the list takes priority, it is where I share posts and images and has more than one purpose;
1    My own personal stream for family and close friends, it is also usually the starting point for new         contacts
2.   My interest page where I post videos and links to both art stuff that I am interested in as well as           my own work occasionally
3.   Studio8 where all posts are directly related to my work venue, my experiments, trials, shows and         finished works.
4.   The Biomorphics Group where I manage an interest group in my primary working vocation, here       I share not only my own work but the works and interests of more than 300 artisans

Twitter
      I do not use Twitter directly, each time I post on one of the other Social Media platforms a link is         transferred to Twitter which brings new contacts to my live sites.
U-Tube
     Used less currently it hosts videos that I have uploaded, I expect to use this more in the future.
LinkedIn
     In similar fashion to Twitter I do not use LinkedIn directly, I do however receive regular contact          requests that may, or may not, have purpose in the future.
     And, Finally, this Blog which although not in regular use is retained as a personal reference and          can be launched at any time as and when there is worthy information aside my daily, weekly and        monthly output.

Popular posts from this blog

A Quiet Return It’s been a few years since anything new appeared on this blog. No dramatic exit, no crisis, no grand story — just life unfolding in its own quiet way while I wandered off into a long stretch of creative exploration. I didn’t spend that time chasing expectations or trying to produce anything impressive. In fact, it was the opposite. I let myself make things without pressure, without anticipation, and without any need for an audience. It was a good kind of absence — the sort that gives you space to breathe and rediscover what you enjoy. Along the way, painting slipped out of my hands. Not abandoned in frustration, just… released. It had carried me through many chapters, but eventually it felt like a language I’d said enough in. So I turned to sculpture, almost by accident, and found myself on a long, meandering tour through every material within reach. Papier‑mâché came first — messy, forgiving, and strangely liberating.Foam followed, stubborn but full of possibility.Cardboard had its moment too, proving far more architectural than I expected. Each material taught me something different about form, weight, and patience. And then, gradually, I settled into polymer clay. It felt right — structured but flexible, expressive without demanding perfection. It opened a new path, and with it came another journey: exploring genre, tone, and character in ways paint never quite allowed. So yes, I’ve been away. But not idle.Just quietly occupied in the kind of creative work that doesn’t need announcing. Now the blog returns — not as a relaunch, not as a promise, but simply as a continuation. A place to share what I’ve been shaping, learning, and enjoying along the way. If you’ve found your way back here too, welcome. Let’s see where this next chapter leads.

Polymer Clay 01

grounding